- For those with Mac computers, learning how to set your browser’s homepage can be done quickly and easily.
- You can do it by manually adding the URL in your settings, or by using the “Use current page” button.
- Here’s what you should know about setting your homepage on a Mac, no matter what browser you use.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
It’s always exciting to get a new piece of technology. But oftentimes that means spending a while getting it set up the way you want it.
One example of this: setting a new homepage on your browser of choice. Luckily, setting your homepage on a Mac is easily accomplished, whether you’re on the desired page or not.
Here’s what you need to know to set your homepage on Safari (as well as Chrome and Firefox, in case that’s your preferred browser):
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
MacBook (From $1,299 at Apple)
How to set your homepage on Safari
This will only take a minute or so:
1. Open Safari.
2. In the top toolbar, click “Safari” and then “Preferences.”
3. If necessary, toggle over to the “General” tab, then write your desired URL in the “Homepage” field. If you’re on the page you want, simply click “Set to Current Page.”
If you want each new window to open on your homepage, you can set that up through the same preferences window you used to set your homepage. You’d just need to click the “New windows open with” pop-up and then select “Homepage.”
The same goes for making each new tab open on your new homepage selection.
How to set the homepage on Chrome or Firefox
If Safari isn’t your go-to browser, here’s how to set your homepage on either Chrome or Firefox:
1. Open Chrome.
2. Click the three stacked dots in the top-right corner.
3. Click “Settings.”
4. Under “Appearance,” turn on “Show Home Button.”
5. Paste or type your desired homepage URL in the box labeled “Enter custom web address.”
1. Open Firefox.
2. Go to the page you want to set as your homepage.
3. Drag the tab over to the Home button (located in the top-left corner of the screen).
4. Click “Yes” to set that page as your new homepage.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to change your default browser on Mac, through the System Preferences menu or the new browser’s settings
‘Why is my Mac so slow?’: 6 ways to speed up your Mac computer when its performance is lagging
How to turn on any Mac computer’s built-in camera, or troubleshoot it if it’s not working
How to change your account username on a Mac computer, if you bought a pre-owned Mac or otherwise need a name change
SEE ALSO: The best budget laptops you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: It’s time for iTunes to die, even though it was key to Apple’s early success