- Amazon Prime Day 2019 will officially begin on July 15 at 12 a.m. PT and will continue through July 16, ending at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- The 48-hour sale is expected to be one of the largest online shopping events of the year.
- To plan for this big day in July, you can do a few things: make sure you’re signed up for a Amazon Prime membership, see what other Business Insider readers scooped up last year on Prime Day, and check out some valuable tips and tricks for how to save more on Prime Day.
- Check out our master list of Prime Day 2019 deals here.
Amazon Prime Day is one of the internet’s biggest shopping events of the year. Hundreds of thousands of products across the site will be discounted for Prime members, from tech and appliances to beauty and clothing.
Every year, Prime Day seems to get bigger and better. Last year’s deals only lasted 36 hours, but this year, Amazon has announced that you can expect a full 48 hours of deals.
When is Prime Day 2019?
- Amazon Prime Day 2019 will officially begin at 12 a.m. PT on July 15 and will end at 11.59 p.m. PT July 16.
- The deals will last a full 48 hours, with some early deals cropping up beforehand.
- One of the best Prime Day deals starts today. You can save $120 on a Toshiba HD 43-Inch Fire TV Edition Smart TV (usually $299.99) and get it for just $179.99.
Prime day 2019 will feature more than 1 million deals for Prime members around the world, plus the possibility of select deals at Whole Foods Market stores in the US. Last year, Prime Day offered double the deals on Amazon devices and the biggest deals yet on Alexa-enabled products like the Echo, Fire TV, and Fire tablets. Meanwhile, hundreds of brands featured Amazon Prime Day Launches, which were exclusive new items, content, and special-edition products made available for a limited time.
What will be on sale on Prime Day?
Last year, the Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote was the top-selling product on the site. In 2019, you can expect tons of deals on Amazon devices like the Kindle, vacuums, smart home products, and more.
The most popular items that Business Insider readers bought were Kindle Unlimited, Audible, and Amazon Music Unlimited memberships; noise-cancelling headphones from Sony, Bose, and Sennheiser; and a variety of Amazon devices.
For a good idea of what will be discounted this year so you can plan ahead for the big shopping event, check out the best deals across all categories from Amazon Prime Day 2018.
Remember that you must be an Amazon Prime member to access the deals.
Amazon raised the price of a Prime membership last year, but access to Amazon Prime Day deals is just one of the many reasons why the membership is still worth it at the new price.
Being a Prime member also means you can enjoy a ton of other benefits, so if you aren’t signed up already, now’s the perfect time to join.
You can sign up here for a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime.
SEE ALSO: The 19 best-selling products from Amazon Prime Day 2018 — including the ones that surprised us
Join the conversation about this story »