- You can change a Samsung Galaxy S10’s display mode in several different ways, once you know how to find the right menu.
- You can adjust the size and style of fonts on a Galaxy S10, change its screen resolution, turn on a blue light filter for night reading, and more.
- All display controls can be found in the Galaxy’s Settings app, on the Display page.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Samsung Galaxy S10 includes several ways to change its display, and they are all conveniently located on the Settings app’s Display page.
Samsung includes a night mode for more comfortable viewing at night, a “vivid” color mode if you want more saturated colors, the ability to tweak the font, and more. You can even choose among three screen resolutions for sharper (but more power-intensive) graphics.
How to change a Samsung Galaxy S10’s display mode
1. Start the Settings app and tap “Display.”
2. There are a lot of display options you can customize on the Display page. Here is an overview of the most important settings you can control:
- Brightness. You can manually adjust the brightness slider to make the screen easier to read in different lighting conditions.
- Adaptive brightness. This feature is on by default. If you leave it on, it remembers the brightness setting you’ve used in different lighting conditions and automatically adjusts the display when it encounters similar conditions.
- Blue light filter. If you turn this on, it reduces the amount of blue light emitted by the phone to reduce eye strain. This is especially useful at night. Tap “Blue light filter” to turn it on or to schedule it to only turn on at night.
- Screen mode. By default, the screen is set to display “natural” colors. If you prefer, you can tap “Vivid” to increase the saturation of colors on screen. It’s somewhat less realistic, but adds more visual punch to the display.
- Font size and style. Tap “Font size and style” to change the size and font type of text on the screen. For added readability, you can make all text bold by turning on “Bold font.”
- Screen zoom. For added readability, tap “Screen zoom” and adjust the size of elements on screen. This is different than font size, since it increases the size of all screen elements, not just text.
How to quickly change the brightness control on a Galaxy S10
You don’t need to open the Settings app to change the brightness. To quickly get to the brightness controls, pull down the control panel from the top of the screen. Then pull it down a second time, and you will see the brightness slider at the bottom of the screen.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to do split-screen multitasking on a Samsung Galaxy S10, using two apps side by side
How to take a screenshot on a Samsung Galaxy S10 in 5 different ways
How to change the Samsung Galaxy S10’s screen resolution to save battery or increase performance
How to set up fingerprint scanning for unlocking a Samsung Galaxy S10, and add additional fingerprint patterns
SEE ALSO: The 20 best smartphones in the world
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: I’ve used iPhones for nearly a decade and switched to the Samsung Galaxy S10. Now I understand Android loyalty in a way I never understood before.