- New startups launch in tech ever week, while billions of dollars are invested in startups every year.
- Many of these startups never get off the ground. But some make their employees and investors millionaires.
- Business Insider regularly lists startups to watch in different areas of tech. You can read them all by subscribing to BI Prime.
Here are the startups to watch in:
- AgTech: A global population boom means that there will soon be billions more mouths to feed. VCs say these 10 startups could shape the future of food.
- AI: 12 AI startups that will boom in 2019, according to VCs
- Cannabis: Top investors say these 11 buzzy, under-the-radar consumer cannabis startups are set to raise fresh rounds and blow up this year
- Cloud computing: 8 cloud computing startups to bet your career on in 2019
- Cybersecurity: VCs say these 30 cybersecurity startups will blow up in 2019
- DevOps: 5 DevOps to bet your career on in 2019
- Fintech: We asked top VCs to pitch us on up-and-coming fintechs. Here are the 12 they came up with.
- Fintech (Europe): These are the 15 European fintechs VCs think will blow up in 2019
- Healthcare: 16 billion-dollar startups revolutionizing healthcare that you should be watching in 2019
- Healthcare (Pharmacy):10 pharmacy startups that could be M&A targets after Amazon’s acquisition of PillPack
- Open-source software developers: VCs say these 19 startups for open-source software developers will blow up in 2019
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: This London handbag company has recycled 175 tons of fire hoses into fashion accessories