- Amazon has led a $575 million funding round in British food delivery startup Deliveroo.
- The news follows rumours that both Amazon and Uber were considering an acquisition of Deliveroo, a major rival to Uber Eats outside the US.
- The food delivery startup has raised $1.53 billion to date, making it one of the best-funded startups in Europe.
- Deliveroo was valued at $2 billion at its last fundraise.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Amazon has taken a stake in British food delivery startup Deliveroo, acting as the main investor in a major $575 million round of financing.
The new funding takes the total raised by Deliveroo to $1.35 billion to date, making it one of the best funded startups in Europe.
Deliveroo has not confirmed its current valuation. The firm was last valued at $2 billion in a previous funding round, and Business Insider understands the company has been targeting a new valuation of at least $4 billion.
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Facial recognition is almost perfectly accurate — here’s why that could be a problem