- If you’re looking to rebrand, changing your Facebook page name can be an important step.
- Keep in mind that Facebook page names can’t include words like “official” or “Facebook.”
- You’ll have to limit your page name to less than 75 characters.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A Facebook page can offer your followers an easy way to find your contact information, products, recent projects and more.
But let’s say you have a solid following but want to consider a rebrand. That means rethinking your social media presence as well, including the basics, such as changing your handles to match your new name.
Your Facebook page is made up of both a general page name and a handle. If you want to change your Facebook page name, there are a few stipulations and best practices you should keep in mind. For starters, make sure you choose a name you really feel confident about so that you won’t have to change your name page too frequently and confuse followers.
Once you decide on a new moniker, here’s how to make the change — from both desktop and mobile.
How to change your Facebook page name on desktop
1. Go to your page and click on “About” from the left-hand side menu.
2. In that menu you should see some of the main attributes of your page under “General.” Hit “Edit” next to “Name.”
3. You will then see a new window that reads “Request New Page Name.” Facebook will need to approve your change to make sure the new name isn’t misleading or inappropriate. This window gives you a few quick pointers about the best way to choose a new name. Among them: don’t use the word “official” or “Facebook” in the new title.
You can see the full parameters for Facebook page names here. This section gives a bit more insight into what other phrases or words to avoid; for example, you can’t use a Facebook page name that’s just “generic words,” like “pizza.”
Your Facebook page title will also have to be 75 characters max. Once you choose a new Facebook page name, hit “Continue.”
How to change your Facebook page name on mobile
If you’re on mobile, here’s how to make the change from the Facebook app on an iPhone.
1. On your page, find the “About” section by scrolling to the left on the main menu at the top.
2. Click on “Edit Page Info.”
3. You’ll see an “Update Page Info” screen next, where you can see the same major categories as the desktop version.
4. Tap on the “Name” field and type in your new page name.
Now you can share your new page name with followers.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to create a Facebook business page for your company, brand, or community
How to add an admin to your Facebook page, and manage your page roles
How to see who is following your Facebook profile or page
How to create an event on Facebook for your brand page or personal profile
SEE ALSO: How to change your Facebook username, and help others better identify your profile or page
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: This London handbag company has recycled 175 tons of fire hoses into fashion accessories