- The 2019 RAM 1500 is the truck maker’s all-new entry in the full-size-pickup wars, taking on the mighty Ford F-150 and the Chevy Silverado.
- The RAM 1500 I reviewed was a “Laramie Longhorn” edition with a stout Hemi V8.
- This luxurious pickup was also packed with cool features.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The all-new RAM 1500 pickup truck recently triumphed in a face-off against another newcomer to the ultra-competitive US scene: the equally all-new Chevy Silverado.
(In case you were wondering, the mighty Ford F-150 was redesigned a few years ago, and we haven’t checked it out since then, so stay tuned. The F-150 is also due for a big revamp next year.)
In my rundown of the RAM’s advantages, I noted that we tested a flashy, upmarket “Laramie Longhorn” edition, more than $10,000 costlier than the Chevy. But I also said the RAM 1500 was the best pickup I’d driven in quite a while.
Because our tester was extremely well equipped, verging on a luxury vehicle, it was packed with cool goodies. I played around with all of them. Pickups are already a cornucopia of extras — that’s why the automakers can make so much money on them — but our Longhorn RAM 1500 took the matter to a different level.
Here’s a rundown of all the awesome features.
FOLLOW US: On Facebook for more car and transportation content!
The RAM 1500 is Fiat Chrysler Automobiles’ all-new entry into the Great American Pickup-Truck Wars.
I tested a Western-themed “Laramie Longhorn” edition, with a genuine four-wheel-drive setup and a short bed. This 5,400-pounder can tow 12,750 pounds.
1. The new Ram has lost none of its aggressive design, so cool feature No. 1 is that bold grille.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider