- In honor of April Fools’ Day, Google added a free game to Google Maps: Classic phone game “Snake.”
- Google’s twist with its version of “Snake” is that you’re controlling a subway train as it picks up passengers and visits landmarks.
- “Snake” from Google is free, and available now through the end of the week.
What does classic phone game “Snake” have to do with the annual tomfoolery of April Fools’ Day?
That’s a good question that we can’t answer, but the good news is this: Starting right now, you can play “Snake” within Google Maps as a free game. Or perhaps you’re stuck at a desk all day? There’s also a free version on the web!
Here’s how to play “Snake” for free, care of Google:
SEE ALSO: Here’s how to get a free year of Nintendo’s Netflix-like service for classic games if you’re an Amazon Prime member
1. Download and open Google Maps.
This one probably goes without saying, but just in case it wasn’t all the way clear: You need to have Google Maps, the app, installed on your phone to play “Snake.”
You could have it on your iPhone, or your Android phone — “Snake” is available on both versions of Google Maps.
2. Click the menu icon in the upper left corner. (Hint: It may look like a snake.)
3. Select the “Play Snake” option about halfway down the menu.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider