PM Narendra Modi addressed the BJP workers in the party headquarters in New Delhi after it was clear that they have won both Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh. A visibly buoyant Modi expressed his delight after the massive victory in the two states. BJP swept Himachal Pradesh to come back to power and won with a smaller mandate to form government in Gujarat for the sixth time.
Here are the major things PM Modi said after the twin win:
1. Earlier Gujarat was riddled with caste considerations. BJP got rid of it and started a path of development.
2. Some people have again started to play caste politics in the last few months. People have rejected it but they need to be cautious
3. After 2014, there is hunger for development. Even if you do not like BJP, do not try to derail India from path of development.
4. Gujarat election result in historic. So many conspiracies were hatched, misinformation was spread
5. Elections results show that the country is ready for reform, is looking towards parties that perform in a positive way and believes in transformation
6. I bow down to people of Gujarat and Himachal, who chose the path of development.
7. The results in Himachal Pradesh show that if you don’t do development and are embroiled in all wrong acts then after 5 years people will reject you.
8. During UP elections it was said BJP would lose due to GST effect in urban areas, same was said in Gujarat elections and local body polls in Maharashtra.
With ANI inputs