If you are looking for a way to quickly lose weight, intermittently fasting is an excellent way to do so without a lot of hassle. It is especially useful in helping you reduce body fat. But, there is a certain way to do it and not adhering to it could have harmful effects on your body. Listed below are five tips that will help you when you initially start on an intermittent fasting diet-
- Monitor the duration of the fast so that it is not too long or too short- the amount of time you should fast depends on your age, weight, experience, as well as the goals you want to reach. But, universally, an ideal time to fast for in order to lose body fat quickly is 16-24 hours. If you go for any longer than this, your body could start shutting down because it is too much too soon and if you go any lesser than this, you will probably see no results because you are already fasting for 10-12 hours every night.
- Increase the amount of water you drink- intermittent fasting is often a good way to cleanse your entire body. But, for all the toxins to get flushed out, you need to keep up a regular water intake. For the duration of your fast, make sure to have a bottle of water with you at all times so that you can keep taking sips.
- Break your fast with a healthy meal- while this may seem like an obvious rule, it may not always be followed. But bear in mind that when you fast for 16-20 hours, your body is more likely to accept healthy food than junk. This is also a good way to kick-start your body’s functioning in a positive way. There is almost no point in doing a cleanse if you are going to load up on junk food and as we all know, junk food makes you put on a lot of weight
- Time your food around your workouts- exercise is a key part of any healthy diet. Simply fasting will not be beneficial to your body. For a healthy body, it should be 50% healthy diet and 50% proper exercise. You should either focus on eight training or entire body training. The best time for you to eat your food is right after your workout because your body will still be burning calories and will not store the food as fat.
- Don’t sweat the details- one of the biggest pros of following an intermittent fasting diet is that you do not have to count the number of calories you are taking in at every meal or during the day. This is quite the hassle and can be avoided in this diet. All you have to do is go with what your body is asking you for and you will be well on your way to losing weight. The only thing you should be wary of is not losing essential nutrients that are required for you to stay healthy.