That’s exciting for fans … and also a little nerve-racking.
Listen to Limited Upside’s Milwaukee Bucks preview.
This is the 18th of Limited Upside’s 30 team previews leading up to next season. We’re bringing together representatives from all 30 SB Nation team sites and other team-specific experts from the SB Nation/Limited Upside community to gauge the temperature of the fanbase heading into the season. Check ’em all out here.
Giannis Antetokounmpo’s rise injected new joy and energy into the Bucks and their fanbase. Last year was fun, and on the surface, everything is good. But Giannis’ rise also means the stakes have been raised for the next four years of his contract. Is this front office, supplementary core, and coaching staff up for the challenge?
SB Nation soccer editor and Bucks fan Kevin McCauley joins us, along with Brew Hoop managing editor Mitchell Maurer. In our chat:
- We merge Mitchell’s caution with Kevin’s exuberance to describe the mood of the fanbase.
- Plenty of Giannis talk because he is such a joy.
- How important was it to get Khris Middleton back last year?
- Jabari Parker was supposed to be the second cornerstone with Giannis. Instead, he’s coming off a second torn ACL and is up for an extension without much on his track record. How does he fit in now, and do the Bucks have enough time to wait it out and see if they can ever get Giannis, Jabari, and Middleton healthy at the same time?
- Our usual devil’s bargain: the NBA version of Do/Marry/Kill called “Max/Play/Trade.” We do this with Malcolm Brogdon, Thon Maker, and Jabari.
- Why is Jason Kidd such a divisive coach among fans?
- The Bucks’ front office situation is … whoa boy. What happened this summer, and why should Bucks fans be concerned?
- A brief Giannis signature shoe interlude.
- Kevin’s very detailed breakdown for his all-time Bucks banana boat.
- Predictions, best/worst-case scenarios, and why 50 wins is actually a reasonable expectation.
Subscribe to Limited Upside on iTunes (and leave us a review!)
Follow Limited Upside on Stitcher
Listen to past Limited Upside episodes
Follow Limited Upside on Twitter