The Internet of Things is rage is almost every industry and professional sector with Healthcare industry being no exception. This high tech innovation in the healthcare sector ensures steady and productive interaction among people as well as devices to deliver optimum healthcare solutions. With the enhanced efficiency of IoT, new tools are facilitating an integrated healthcare system that ensures that the patient is handled in the best manner with a focus of improved outcomes from the treatment.
Thus, it offers collective opportunities to be used by hospitals and wellness promoters to optimize the resources in an effective manner. IoT is being used by a majority of hospitals for asset management and also to control temperature and humidity in the operating rooms.
The prime advantages of the IoT market trends in the healthcare organization are:
- Diminished Costs
The connectivity helps to assist patient monitoring on a real-time basis, often minimizing the cost and effort of visits to the doctor. Infact, home care facilities with enhanced monitoring cut the costs related to hospital stays, re-admissions and travel.
- Improved Results of Treatment
The virtual infrastructure or cloud computing enable the professionals to utilize real time information and cases for better understanding of the case and optimal treatment. Moreover, the processing time of healthcare provision becomes minimal while the treatment outcome is optimal.
- Enhanced Patient Experience
The Internet of Things and its linkage to the health care system lays great importance on the need and requirement of the patient. It accommodates better accuracy in terms of diagnosis, timely intervention by physicians and enhanced treatment results, all of which are highly valued by the patients for the accountable care provided.
- Improved Disease Management
The ease of monitoring the patients on a real time regular basis along with the availability of real time data boosts the effectiveness of the treatment of diseases and diseases can hence be managed before they grow hazardous.
- Boosted Management of Drugs
Going by the IoT industry analysis statistics, the management and developments of drugs is a major cost incurred by the healthcare sector. However, these expenses may get minimized and handled better with the help of IoT processes and devices.
- Minimizes Errors
The use and presence of IoT in the healthcare sector works as a major advantage in omitting errors as it works to facilitate accurate data collection and also automated workflows. Infact, it monitors data-driven decisions and keeps a check to ensure reduced system costs and to trim down wastes.
Related Threats of IoT in Healthcare
– While an effective place is carved for Internet of Things in the Health care sector, it too has its own sets of challenges taking in account how sensitive the nature of health data can be. Infact, if shared inappropriately, this information can pose serious threat to reputations as well as be capable of destroying careers to an extent.
-The need to safeguard the information from cyber attacks is tremendous and ever increasing with the increase in the amount of data being shared.
– When the use of devices which are wearable at home facilitate the patient monitoring, the clinicians that are charged with the responsibility of monitoring the chronic conditions, rises the demands on data center alongside the facility infrastructure.
– A standard language is required to encourage better information sharing between proprietary medical services.
Thus, when used judiciously, the IoT offers various benefits in patient management, diagnosis assistance and real time monitoring in the healthcare sector. Proper implementation however is essential due to the sensitivity of the healthcare sector where to take risk is out of question.