Chennai: Four more ministers will be joining the others who took oath on Monday in the Tamil Nadu cabinet. After some sections raised grievances about no representation of Muslim and linguistic minorities in the cabinet, additional portfolios that were given to some ministers were handed over to the new ministers. The four new ministers will be officially taking oath on Wednesday at Raj Bhavan in Chennai.
According to a statement from the party, the four new ministers will be G. Baskaran (Sivaganga MLA) as Minister for Khadi and Village Industries Board, Bhoodan and Gramadhan; Sevvoor S. Ramachandran (Aarani MLA) as Minister for Hindu Religious & Charitable Endowments and Tamil Official Languages & Tamil Culture; Nilofer Kafeel (Vanniyambadi MLA) as the Minister for Labour and Employment; and P Balakrishna Reddy (Hosur MLA) as Minister for Animal Husbandry.
The Governor’s office was intimated over the induction of the four new ministers. Dr Nilofer Kabil is the only minority face in the cabinet.
The portfolios allocated to the new ministers were originally allocated as additional portfolios to ministers OS Manian, Khadi and Village Industries Board, R Kamaraj, HR&CE, Sellur K. Raju, Labour and R Duraikannu, Animal Husbandry. All these ministers will be now holding only a single portfolio.
Here’s a list of ministers along with the four new faces.
1. J Jayalalithaa – Chief Minister and also holding Police, General Administration and Home.
2. O. Panneerselvam – Finance Minister
3. Edappadi K. Palanisamy- PWD
4. R. Kamaraj – Food
5. C. Vijaya Baskar – Health
6. R.B. Udhaya Kumar – Revenue
7. P. Thangamani – Electricity and Prohibition
8. S.P. Velumani – Municipal Administration and Rural Development
9. D. Jayakumar – Fisheries
10 M.C. Sampath – Industries
11. C.Ve. Shanmugam – Law, Courts and Prisons
12. K.P. Anbazhagan – Higher Education.
13. Sellur K. Raju – Co-operation
14. Dr. V. Saroja – Social Welfare, Nutritious Noon Meal Programme
15. K.C. Karuppannan – Environment
16. R. Kamaraj – Food, Civil Supplies
17. O.S. Manian – Handlooms and Textiles
18. Udumalai Radhakrishnan – Housing and Urban Development
19. S.P. Shanmuganathan – Milk and Dairy Development
20. R. Duraikannu – Agriculture
21. Kadambur Raju – Information and Publicity
22. K.T. Rajenthra Bhalaji – Rural Industries
23. K.C. Veeramani – Commercial Taxes
24. P. Benjamin – School Education, Sports and Youth Welfare
25. Vellamandi N. Natarajan – Tourism
26. S. Valarmathi – Backward classes and minority welfare
27. V.M. Rajalakshmi – Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare
28. Dr. M. Manikandan – Information and Technology
29. M.R. Vijayabhaskar – Transport
30 Sevvoor S. Ramachandran – Minister for Hindu Religious & Charitable Endowments
31. G. Baskaran- Minister for Khadi and Village Industries Board
32 Nilofer Kafeel- Ministers for Labour and Employment
33 P Balakrishna Reddy – Minister for Animal Husbandry.