Bhubaneswar, 4 May-2014, Abhijit Saha: The Kings XI Punjab team of the IPL has reached Bhubaneswar…
01. ‘The best looking guy with money & style without manners is actually a big turn off’
Preity Zinta apparently loves interacting with her fans on social media and chooses a topic of discussion to debate on. This time, she chose ‘Manners and etiquette in life and on social media’ as a topic of discussion with her Twitter followers on August 9. A man who may be good-looking, have money and style but lacks etiquette and good manners, is a turn-off for actress Preity Zinta, who believes good conduct is as essential on virtual platforms as in real life. In a series of tweets, the actress wrote, “A simple PLEASE or THANK YOU can go a long way in life. The best looking guy with money & style without manners is actually a big turn off. Manners don’t belong 2the rich or 2the poor but2 the1 whose parents have spent time on his or her upbringing. Good Upbringing = Good Manners. I think the biggest reason kids are losing their etiquette & manners is because of the growing “maid” culture in India. Maids are not very educated in India & since parents don’t have that much time the kids end up spending most of their time with the maids. Therefore a lot of the upbringing of kids ends up from the maid instead of the parents. They look, they see & they absorb. That’s my theory.” [sic]
Check out as to why had Preity filed a case against her ex…
02. The perky actress has been in the news recently for her complaint against former boyfriend, businessman and Kings XI Punjab co owner Ness Wadia. Preity alleged that her ex molested, abused and threatened her inside the Wankhede stadium during an IPL match between Kings XI Punjab the Chennai Super Kings.
04. Is a major fan of the hit TV series The Simpsons. Was the original choice for the film ‘Marigold’ which also starred Salman Khan. But Ali Larter stepped in to play the character. Preity is very close to her Koi Mil Gaya co star Hrithik Roshan and interestingly, she was supposed to make her debut opposite him in Tara Rum Pum Pum but it got shelved. Is not a follower of any religion in particular.
The Times of India
The Times of India
Advanced Search »
HomeHindi Entertainment BollywoodMovie ReviewsMusicTop 10TheatreSpecialsEvents Beauty PageantsPhotosVideosBuy@Amazon.in
NewsPreviewsDid you Know ?Box OfficeSpecialsCeleb Blogs
You are here: News Home » Entertainment » Hindi » Bollywood
MI: Rogue Nation ReviewPakistan bans Phantom?Movie Review: BangistanRani Mukerji pregnant?
SC allows repairing of covers and providing other facilities at makeshift Ram Lalla Temple at disputed site in Ayodhya: PTI
Preity Zinta: Lesser known facts7/8
07. Is also good friends with SRK and his wife, Abhishek Bachchan, Bobby Deol, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Saif Ali Khan. Was said to be very close to her father and loved him dearly. Her favourite dish is said to be kadi chawal and the actress digs ice creams. Her idols include Guru Dutt, Madhubala, Waheeda Rehman and Sridev from Bollywood and Al Pacino from Hollywood. Was appointed as an Ambassador for the Loomba Trust which works for the welfare of widows and their children. Preity was also the Indian Goodwill Ambasaador of the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS).
08. Was the youngest owner to own an IPL team as of 2009 and all the partners reportedly paid $76 million to acquire the franchise. This also included ex boyfriend and businessman Ness Wadia. At this year’s IPL final match between Kings XI Punjab and Kolkota Knight Riders, Preity accused Ness of allegedly molesting her and filed a case against him. Was linked to former model marc Robinson and was dragged into a controversy by singer Suchitra Krishnamurthy who alleged that she split from husband Shekhar Kapur because of Preity. She issued a statement claiming the accuses to be false.