Big B says, Open to working with Deepika Padukone again

Megastar Amitabh Bachchan says he is open to work again with his Piku co-star Deepika Padukone. During the teaser launch of Bachchan’s upcoming film Wazir last month, he was asked about Deepika’s apology for not inviting him for the success party of Piku and Big B had said, “Jo beet gayi so baat gayi” (let bygones be bygones).


Asked tonight whether he will work with Deepika again, the 72-year-old actor, who played her on-screen father in Piku, said “why not.” Piku, directed by Shoojit Sircar, also featured Irrfan Khan and Moushmi Chatterjee. Released on May 8, the movie was a box-office hit.

“We had a great experience while working on this film. We worked like a family,” Shoojit said at the DVD launch of the film tonight.

On Deepika’s absence at the DVD launch, Shoojit said, “She is busy shooting outside the country.”

Meanwhile, when Bachchan was asked to comment on his son Abhishek’s upcoming film All Is Well, he shot back saying, “let’s talk about Piku.”

On police security outside his house, Big B said he didn’t know about it. Two days ago, Bachchan said he has sought police assistance to effectively manage his fans, who gather outside his residence every Sunday. The actor had said he gets worried when he spots women and children trying to find their way through the crowd to catch his glimpse.

Posted by on July 10, 2015. Filed under Bollywood. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.