Chennai, Perambur Kumar: You can't fool the people all the time. Old wine in a…
Guwahati,Shazida Khatun: We are big on multi-purpose products; you know the kind that come in handy for at least three different things. Having these around means we can be super resourceful and save a ton of money too. Obviously we can’t live without these products and think you should make these your go-to all-in-one favourites too. Take a look at 10 ultra cool items that can be a lifesaver for any woman.
1. Scarf: You can use the scarf in a whole lot of ways. Style it like a belt, wear it like a headband or tie it like a sarong when you’re ready to hit the beach – it’s up to you. Let your creativity run wild. You can also turn it into a skirt, a tube top, or an asymmetrical dress, or use it as a shawl or sofa throw.
2. Baby powder: No, it’s not just for babies, silly. You can use baby powder to get thicker eyelashes by applying it just before your mascara. You can also use it to soak up an oil stain on your brand new chiffon top or as a quick-fix for an oily scalp before you get dressed for that impromptu date.
3. Bangle: So obviously you use this as a piece of jewellery. But ever considered using it as a curtain holder or a napkin ring? Brilliant idea, don’t you think?
4. BB cream: BB creams are a boon for all womankind. They work like a charm, whether as a foundation, facial sunscreen or even a tinted lotion, giving you an all-in-one product that is simply life-saving.
5. Coconut oil: Coconut oil is truly a wonder ingredient that works like magic for your hair and is also great for cooking various traditional dishes. But not many know that you can also use it as a moisturiser and a shaving cream!
6. Black dress: A little black tube dress is the most versatile thing you’ll find in your wardrobe. You can wear it as is or pair it with printed leggings and wear it like a tunic. If you are not up to showing your legs, wear it as a top or throw a jacket over for a more formal look.
7. Dental floss: Dental floss is another all-in-one product that not only helps get food out of your teeth but can also be used as a clothesline to dry light garments. That’s not all. You can also use it like a thread to tear something or as a knife to cut through cheese or bread.
8. Safety pins: These little pieces of metal can keep your dress in place and prevent an awkward wardrobe malfunction. It can also be used as a clothespin to dry out clothes, secure a broken backpack zipper or as a needle in case of emergency.
9. Petroleum jelly: This is the ideal all-in-one product that can be used as a cuticle cream, a lip balm, a moisturiser or even an antiseptic.
10. Rubber bands: If you don’t already have a box of them handy, you must because they can do a lot of things for you. They are perfect to organise stuff. They also hold things together well and are useful for providing a grip when you are trying hard to open a stubborn jar lid.