Fifty people fall ill after consuming prasad’ in UP; food poisoning suspected

Lucknow(PTI): Around fifty persons, mostly minors, fell ill after eating ‘prasad’ during a religious function at Jojapur village in Achalganj area in the district, police said on Thursday.

Food-Poisoning (Representational photo)

The ill, mostly aged between five to fifteen years, were admitted to Achalganj community centre last evening with suspected food poisoning, K K Amid, Superintendent of the centre said.

All of them, except a girl have been discharged, he said adding that a team of doctors have been rushed to the village.

Posted by on March 26, 2015. Filed under Regional. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.