I accept Arvind Kejriwal’s challenge, but debate on the floor of Delhi assembly, says Kiran Bedi

NEW DELHI(ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party’s chief ministerial candidate for Delhi, Kiran Bedi, on Tuesday said that she accepts the challenge for a public debate put forth by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal.

“I accept the challenge, will do it in the assembly. Arvind Kejriwal has only been debating, I believe in delivering,” said Bedi.

She further said that she had blocked Kejriwal from her Twitter account after he had called himself an anarchist.

Delhi CM designate from BJP Kiran Bedi responds to Arvind Kejriwal’s tweet https://t.co/8YIbTg6qUo

— ANI (@ANI_news) January 20, 2015

Meanwhile, taking it to micro blogging site, AAP convener Kejriwal had accused Bedi of blocking him on Twitter and invited the former IPS officer for a public debate.

In a series of tweets, tagging Bedi, Kejriwal wrote, “Kiranji, I used to follow you on Twitter. Now, u have blocked me on twitter. Kindly unblock me.”

In another tweet, Kejriwal congratulated Bedi and invited her for a public debate. Kejriwal added, “Congrats 4 being nominated as BJP’s CM candidate. I invite u 4 a public debate moderated by neutral person n telecast by all.”

Also read: Amit Shah’s masterstroke to rope in Kiran Bedi – Can Kejriwal survive the onslaught?

Both Kejriwal and Bedi were part of the anti-corruption movement led by activist Anna Hazare before the AAP chief decided to form his own political party.

Bedi will contest from Krishna Nagar seat in East Delhi. Former IPS officer and originally part of India Against Corruption movement, Kiran Bedi had joined BJP on January 15.

In 2013 assembly elections BJP had won 31 seats, AAP 28 and Congress 8.

Delhi has been under President’s Rule since February after the AAP government quit after ruling for 49 days last year.

Posted by on January 20, 2015. Filed under Nation. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.