Youth dies as mobile phone explodes during charging

Jaipur(PTI): A 24-year-old youth died after his mobile phone exploded while it was being charged in Korma village under Nainwa police station in Rajasthan, police said here.

Rajulal Gurjar was using his mobile phone on Friday, while it was also put on charging. Suddenly, the mobile battery exploded with a high sound causing him severe burn injuries on chest and hand. He was rushed in an unconscious state to community health centre (CHC), Nainwa where he was declared brought dead by the doctors.

Dr Samandar Lal Meena, In-charge at Nainwa CHC, who conducted the post-mortem, said that the victim had received severe burn injuries on chest and hands. The youth died due to electric shock and burn injuries, Meena said, adding the body was handed over to the family members after post-mortem.

Nainwa police said that a case has been registered and investigation is on.

Posted by on December 20, 2014. Filed under Technology. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.