As a result of the ongoing legal battle with Ericsson, Xiaomi India is only allowed…
Delhi: Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi has reportedly said that it will fully comply with the Delhi high Court order asking it to stop sales of its smartphones in the country. The third largest smartphone maker in the world had earlier suspended the upcoming flash sale of its Red Mi 1S and Red Mi Note smartphones after being barred from selling, importing or advertising its devices in India until the next hearing on February 5, 2014.
The high court had granted an ‘ex parte’ injunction against Xiaomi after Ericsson filed a patent complaint. Officials from the Chinese company have been asked to visit Xiaomi’s India office to ensure that it does not sell, advertise, manufacture or import devices that infringe the patents in question, reported Tech Crunch. Terming Xiaomi’s use of its Standard, Essential Patents (SEPs) as “unfair,” Ericsson said that its action was the last resort after the company ignored communication requests for more than three years.
“We have not been served the notice till now, but we know about the issue. If the court has asked us not to do it, we won’t do it,” Jain was quoted in Economic Times referring to the high court order. “We would want to be 100% compliant with Indian rules and regulations.”
“We will explore all options including legal options on what can be done. Our lawyers and legal teams are working on it but we don’t know how this will proceed. We will communicate and explain very openly to our users about what the order says, once we get it,” Jain added
Hugo Barra, head of international operations at Xiaomi had apologised to the smartphone company’s fans. He explained the circimstances behind the suspension of sales of Redmi Note and Redmi 1S and said he was committed to continue their sales.
“As a law abiding company, we are investigating the matter carefully and assessing our legal options. Our sincere apologies to all Indian Mi fans! Please rest assured that we’re doing all we can to revert the situation. We have greatly enjoyed our journey with you in India over the last 5 months and we firmly intend to continue it!,” Barra explained in his Facebook post