Army takes responsibility for Budgam innocent youths firing in J&K, says will ensure such incidents do not reoccur

Srinagar: Terming the incident as a mistake, the Indian Army has taken responsibility for the Budgam firing in which two people were killed and two others were injured. “We take responsibility of incident. A mistake has taken place,” GOC Northern Command Lieutenant General DS Hooda said.

Army takes responsibility for Budgam innocent youths killing in J&K, says will ensure such incidents do not reoccur

However, he maintained that the Army is committed to a “fair and transparent probe. Army will fully cooperate with the police in the investigation. If there was any violation, we will deal with it strictly.”
He also assured that the Army will ensure that such incidents do not take place in the future. “We share the sorrow and grief of the families. We express deepest regret over the loss of lives,” he said.

While Lieutenant General Hooda accepted the error, he said that there was an information about a white car. “We had some inputs. It is a case of grossly mistaken identity. We sincerely wish the incident would not have happened,” he added.
Army has announced a compensation of Rs 10 lakh to the family of the deceased and Rs 5 lakh to the injured. The Army has also assured that any rehabilitation required for the injured will also be taken care of.

The Army which had been able to create a better relationship with the people of the state during the rehabilitation work after the floods, accepts that incidents like these destroy the effort that has been put in.
At least two people had died and two others were injured after security forces opened fire at a private vehicle in Chattergam, in the Budgam district of Kashmir. Police and Army sources say the firing occurred only after the vehicle did not stop at the checkpost.

Posted by on November 7, 2014. Filed under Nation. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.