Again nurse gang raped in a Delhi 5-star Oberoi hotel

NEW DELHI, Raj Shekhar(TNN): A 27-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by two men in a suite at Oberoi Hotel, central Delhi, on the night of August 15. The survivor is a nurse employed to take care of an ailing woman at the hotel while the assailants were attendants of the same patient.

Again nurse gang raped in a Delhi 5-star Oberoi hotel

The Oberoi, New Delhi hotel

The Oberoi, New Delhi hotel (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

The traumatized woman initially did not report the crime but told her husband about it on Monday, after the suspects allegedly tried to rape her again.

The two men have been arrested and sent to Tihar jail, and a case of gang-rape and criminal intimidation registered against them. They were identified as Neeraj, 25, and Rajan, 23.

In her FIR, the survivor said the two men had been making advances on her of late. On the night of August 15, they forced themselves upon her and took turns to rape her inside the suite where the ailing woman was lodged.

When she resisted, they allegedly threatened to oust her from the job.

The survivor said in her complaint that for two days she did not know what to do. However, when the two men again tried to rape her on Sunday night, she raised an alarm and called her husband, who informed the police.

In a statement, the hotel termed the incident as very unfortunate. “The individuals in question are not hotel employees. We are fully cooperating with the police and local authorities with the investigation.” A senior police officer said Neeraj had been attending on the ailing woman for eight years and Rajan for the past six months.

The police got a call from the woman’s husband around 1am on Monday morning.

A PCR team got to the spot and recorded her statement. Her medical examination was conducted after which an FIR was registered verbatim of her statement.

According to the FIR, the woman had earlier worked for a private hospital. She was employed to take care of the ailing woman, a heart patient, at the hotel around two months ago.

The accused were produced before a magistrate on Monday after which they were sent to judicial custody for 14 days. The survivor is being provided with counselling.

The police would file a chargesheet in the case within 30 days, an officer said. They would also ask the hotel to submit CCTV footages to establish the woman’s claims. The statement of the hotel administration will also be recorded, police said.

Posted by on August 19, 2014. Filed under Regional, State. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.