Guwahati, 5 May-2014, Priyanka Bhowmick: All India United Democratic Front(AIUDF)threatens to resign all (17) MLAs due to Bodoland genocide which took 34 lives and 22 still missing.Close to party sources (Sherman Ali, MLA,Baghbar) says at Hatigaon(Guwahati) head office that close door meeting is going on today with top leaders and they will finalize the decision very shortly.
Earlier, the party has submitted 7 points demand to Assam Governor,J.B Patnaik. Here is the full script of their demands.
1. Immediate intervention in the barbaric and inhuman act and refer the matter to NIA for impartial & proper investigation to identify the real culprits.
2. To make peaceful situation adequate security measures should be imposed for the safety and security of the people of BTAD immediately.
3. All the legal and illegal arms should be seized within short period and without further delay.
4. To provide minimum Rs.10 Lakhs to the nearest of killed person per head & Rs.5 Lakhs to injured persons.
5. To Rehabiliate and resettle all the victim families on their own places.
6. Mrs. Pramila Rani Brahma, MLA should be arrested immediately and to be brought her in custody of Police for interrogation in the legal procedure as after her instigation and unconstitutional statements the incident occured.
7. The BTAD Administration be immediately dissolved and the same time to be placed under the President’s rule in Assam as BTAD administration along with the State Govt. have failed to maintain the law and order situation and failed to save the lives and properties of the people of BTAD as well as Assam.
The intellectuals of various section from Assam condemns the barbaric killings of Bodoland.