Cuffe Parade fire leaves 2 dead, 7 injured

Tanushree Venkatraman, Mumbai: A major fire in one of the upmarket residential societies in Cuffe Parade,

south Mumbai, left two dead and seven injured early on Tuesday. The fire was under control and the process of cooling operations was underway, officials said.
As per the fire department, the fire broke out on the 20th and 21st floor duplex residential flat no 201 and 211 out — which are connected with internal staircase — at Maker Chamber, A wing, around 6.30 am.
“The fire was confined to household articles, electric wirings, furniture and false ceiling on 20th and 21st floor in an area of about 3,000 square feet each room,” officials said.Two servants at businessman Shekhar Bajaj’s house died in the fire as per BMC officials. The deceased were identified as Pradeep Vir Kundan, 22, and Ajay Ram, 30 — both suffered 45% burns. The two died due to excessive inhaling fumes of carbon monoxide, officials said. The Injured were taken to Saint George Hospital for further treatment.
Eight fire engines, six jumbo tankers, one aerial ladder platform, one high pressure van, one breathing apparatus van and one ambulance were used in the operations.

Posted by on October 18, 2016. Filed under State. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.