Zakir Naik slaps Rs 500-crore defamation notice against Arnab Goswami

New Delhi: Televangelist Zakir Naik has slapped Rs 500-crore defamation case on Times Now anchor editor-in-chief Arnab Goswami for running a “hate campaign” and “media trial” against him, reports Newslaundry. Naik had earlier spoken against a media trial running against him.

The notice, which was issued by his lawyer, Mubin Solkar, says the news anchor has “hurt the religious sentiments of the Muslim community which reveres Dr. Naik and holds him in high esteem.”

He has also served notice to Mumbai bureau chief Megha Prasad and chief executive officer Avinash Kaul, Times Global Broadcasting, and its CEO, Sunil Lulla.

He had said that he have served defamation on ten media houses. He had also said that he won’t be returning to India this year.

Bangladesh had banned his channel Peace TV and cancelled the permit to downlink the channel.

Days after the Home Ministry set up teams to scan the activities of Muslim preacher Zakir Naik and sought legal opinion to prosecute him for his controversial comments on terrorism.

Posted by on July 29, 2016. Filed under Editorial. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.