Los Angeles, 3 July-2014(WENN): Singer Dolly Parton wants to start her own festival and thinks…
Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan have been confirmed for the line-up of a US “mega-festival” this October.
Called Desert Trip, the three-day event will take place at the Empire Polo Field in Indio, California – the site of the Coachella music festival.
Tickets start at $200 (£137) per day, rising to $1,599 (£1,097) for a three-day pass for the area near the stage.
The Who, Roger Waters and Neil Young are also on the bill.
Performances will start after sunset, with each artist playing a full set.
Sir Paul McCartney
All six of the performers have been inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Rumours about the show began to circulate last month, after the first weekend of Coachella.
The Who’s Roger Daltrey later confirmed to BBC 6 Music that the festival was likely to go ahead, describing it as a once-in-a-lifetime line-up.
“We have to face it, we are [at] the end of an era,” the singer told 6 Music’s Matt Everitt. “We’re the last of our generation.”
“You can see from reading the obituaries lately that we [rock stars] don’t make old bones very well, do we?”
The LA Times said Dylan and the Stones were expected to open the festival with back-to-back performances on Friday, 7 October, with McCartney and Young playing the following night, and Waters and the Who concluding proceedings on 9 October.
“I don’t think any of us cares who goes on first,” said Daltrey. “We’ve never worried about that. The music is all so different, that’s not going to matter at all.”
The gigs will be scheduled as follows:
Friday, 7 October: The Rolling Stones, with Bob Dylan and His Band
Saturday, 8 October: Paul McCartney with Neil Young + Promise of the Real
Sunday, 9 October: Roger Waters with The Who.