New Delhi, March 24(IANS) - Queen, the story of girl's self-discovery, was cited as the…
The 63rd National Film Awards were announced on Monday with honours going to Amitabh Bachchan for the Shoojit Sircar-directed-Piku and Kangana Ranaut for Tanu Weds Manu Returns.
Director Sanjay Leela Bhansali won the best director award for Bajirao Mastani, while S.S. Rajamouli’s magnum opus Baahubali bagged the best picture award.
Here are the other winners:
– Best Tamil Film goes to Visaranai . The film also bagged the awards in Best Editing and Best Supporting Actor (Samuthirakani) categories.
– Best Sanskrit Film goes to Priyamanasam
– Best Hindi Film goes to Dum Laga Ke Haisha
– Best Background score goes to Ilayarajaa for Thara Thappattai . This is Ilayarajaa’s fifth national award.
– Special Jury Award goes to Kalki Koechlin for playing a girl with cerebral palsy in ‘Margarita With A Straw’
– Best Song: “Kaathirunnu” by Jayachandran in Ennu Ninte Moideen
– Best Choreography Award goes to Remo D’Souza for Bajirao Mastani
– Special Mention for Ritika Singh for her role in Irudhi Suttru
– Best popular film goes to Bajrangi Bhaijaan starring Salman Khan
– Indira Gandhi Award for Best Debut Director goes to Neeraj Ghaywan for Masaan
– Best Film on Social Issues is Nirnayakam
– Best Telugu film goes to Kanche
– Best Kannada film to Thithi
– Best Malayalam film to Pathemaari starring Mamooty
– Best Supporting Actress to Tanvi Azmi for Bajirao Mastani
– Best Screenplay Writer (Original) to Juhi Chaturvedi (Piku) and Himanshu Sharma (Tanu Weds Manu Returns)
– Best Screenplay – Dialogues to Juhi Chaturvedi (Piku) and Himanshu Sharma (Tanu Weds Manu Returns)