Bachchan narrates frightening fire accident at ‘Make in India Week’ event

Amitabh Bachchan is relieved that there were no casualties during the fire that broke out at the ‘Make In India Week’ event, saying the incident happened just after his performance.

Actor Amitabh Bachchan performing during Maharashtra Night cultural event at Girgaum chowpatty right after which fire broke out on stage. Photo: Prashant Nakwe



“What happened at event? I just finished my performance got off stage and sat in my car and left… Just then fire on stage broke!,” Bachchan, 73, tweeted.



“Production was wanting me to stay and go back on to meet the CM… Had I gone back would have been caught in fire…providential. But its God’s grace that immediate action was taken and the fire brought under control… And no casualties!! But frightening!!.”







Aamir Khan shares his experience on Facebook




“The fire during the live show at Chowpatty was most unfortunate but the crisis was very well handled by the Mumbai Police, Fire Department and the Maharashtra Government,” he said.

“The evacuation was carried out smoothly resulting in no casualties and no panic. The CM stayed till the end to oversee the evacuation. Excellent disaster management,” the 50-year-old actor added.

((Clockwise from top left) Police and fire brigade personnel try to douse the fire that broke out during an event to mark Make in India, in Mumbai on Sunday; Chief Minister Devendra Fadanvis at the disaster management cell at the civic body headquarers; an artist is escorted out of the venue by a policeman; and members of a production house associated with the Maharashtra Night programme react at the venue. Photos: Prashant Nakwe, Special Arrangement)

A massive fire broke out on stage during a cultural programme last evening at the ongoing ‘Make In India Week’ event at Girgaum Chowpatty here.

Several political and film personalities including Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, Bachchan and Khan were present at the venue. They were quickly evacuated to a safe area.

The blaze started during the ‘Maharashtra Rajni’ event when a lavani (dance) performance was underway.

Posted by on February 15, 2016. Filed under Bollywood. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.