Paris, 6 Aug-2014, IANS: At least two people were killed and three injured when a…
New Delhi(PTI): No Indian is among the victims of the horrific terror attacks in France, in which at least 120 people were killed and hundreds others injured, as per initial reports, Indian Deputy Chief of Mission here said.
A French policeman assists a blood-covered victim near the Bataclan concert hall following attacks in Paris, France, November 14, 2015.
The mission was in touch with External Affairs Ministry and keeping it updated about the developments, Manish Prabhat said.
“So far, no casualty of any Indian has been reported as per the information available with us. We released a helpline number following the information of attacks and throughout the night have received calls, but no incident involving an Indian has been reported.
“We are trying to reach out to the Indian community members here also using the social media and are advising them to further reach out in their circles for any information,” he added.
“Indian Embassy telephone 0140507070 open, we hope all Indians are safe. Our prayers with families affected and solidarity with France,” Indian Ambassador to France Mohan Kumar tweeted.
President Hollande has declared a state of emergency and ordered closing all borders while a city-wide curfew has been enacted, the first in Paris since 1944.
The nation was left in mourning and the world in unbelievable shock as scores were killed in the coordinated attacks late on Friday.
The deadly attack reportedly began in the French capital at a soccer stadium where a match was underway as explosions set off. Simultaneously, terrorists armed with AK-47s and bombs strapped to them began attacking in different sites throughout the city.
A bloodbath was reported from the Bataclan concert hall where more than 100 were killed as terrorists opened fire for 15 minutes and even shot hostages at point blank range.
Later, SWAT units stormed the concert hall and around three terrorists were reportedly neutralised, ending the siege.
According to reports, the attack sites are Bataclan concert venue, Le Carillon, Le Petit Cambodge, 20 rue Alibert, La Belle Equipe, Near Stade de France and reports of gunfire at least from one other site.
Hollande sent out a strong message in a televised address to the grief and horror struck nation, asking them to stay united and swore the assailants responsible will face the consequences.
“As I speak, terrorist attacks of unprecedented proportions are underway in the Paris area. There are dozens killed, there are many injured. It is a horror. Faced with terror, France must be strong, it must be great and the state authorities must be firm. We will be. What the terrorists want is to scare us and fill us with dread. There is indeed reason to be afraid. There is dread, but in the face of this dread, there is a nation that knows how to defend itself, that knows how to mobilise its forces and, once again, will defeat the terrorists,” the President said.
Paris Prosecutor Francois Molins has said that all attackers are believed to be dead, however, a manhunt has been launched to capture any remaining possible accomplices.