New Delhi(PTI): The Prime Minister also shared a picture of Goddess Durga, in whose name…
NEW DELHI(Indilens News Team): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday inaugurated the Delhi Economics Conclave in the national capital. The theme of the conclave this year is Realising India’s JAM, Jan-Dhan, Aadhar, Mobile vision. This is the first time that the Prime Minister inaugurating the Delhi Economics Conclave ever since it began in 2010.
The day-long conclave will deliberate on topics like India and international experience in cash transfers, benefits and risks of biometric authentication-evidence from social programs in India, Financial Inclusion and Direct Benefit Transfer scheme.
The conclave is being attended by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan, Minister of State for Finance Jayant Sinha, Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Subramanian and Niti Ayog Vice Chairman Arvind Panagariya, among others.
* We ended the requirement to visit Govt offices for life certification for pensioners,by introducing online biometrics identification: PM Modi
* Our work on ‘Make in India’ and ‘Ease of Doing Business’ is of course well known.
* The growth rate of trade exceeded GDP growth from 1983 to 2008.
PM Modi addressing:
* Agriculture remains India’s mainstay in terms of providing livelihood. We have introduced a series of reforms.
* We have introduced a Universal Account Number which will remain with an employee even when he changes jobs
* We have undertaken major managerial improvements in the transport sector.
* Pace of award of new highway works increased from 5.2 km per day in 2012-13 & 8.7 km per day in 2013-14 to 23.4 km per day currently.
* Believe it or not, accounts opened under Jan-Dhan Yojana today have a total balance of almost Rs 26,000 crores: PM Modi
* Our financial inclusion reform has been transformational, Jan-Dhan also transformed ability of poor to make & receive electronic payments: PM Modi
* Major steps have been taken to improve efficiency including clear performance measures and accountability mechanisms: PM Modi
* World economy is not exactly doing well.
* India has (great) entrepreneurial energy. This needs to be harnessed so that we become a nation of job-creators rather than job seekers: PM Modi
* Another financial reform is the provision of a safety net through new social security schemes: PM Modi
* For me, JAM (Jan-Dhan Aadhar Mobile) vision is just about achieving maximum: PM Modi
* Indian economy doing better than when we took over 17 months ago: PM Modi
* GDP growth up, inflation under control; economic reforms to transform India is a marathon, not a sprint: PM Modi