Seven members of family die in Maharashtra fire

Amravati,Maharashtra,30 March-2014(IANS): Seven members of a family were charred to death as they slept when fire engulfed their shop cum residence in Paratwada village in this Maharashtra district early Sunday, police said.

Seven members of family die in Maharashtra fire

Amravati City Bus

Amravati City Bus (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

The incident occurred around 2.30 a.m. in the sari shop and home of the Gothwal family, police official Ashok Ingle of Paratwada police station said.

“The preliminary cause of the blaze is suspected to be a short-circuit in the premises which was stocked with saris and dress materials. The entire Gothwal family, which was asleep in their residence above the shop, could not escape the flames,” Ingle told IANS.

Villagers helped the police to combat the blaze which claimed seven members off the Gothwal family.

They dead are Ravi R. Gothwal (30), Nikita R. Gothwal (25), Poonam A. Gothwal (30), Sheetal A. Gothwal (28), Ved A. Gothwal (4), Vedika A. Gothwal (3) and Vimal R. Gothwal (55), Ingle said.

The shop is situated in the usually bustling Tilak Chowk in the village which is around 55 km from Amravati, in eastern Maharashtra.

Posted by on March 30, 2014. Filed under Regional. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.