Why has Chote Nawab Saif Ali Khan quit 3 projects?

Kareena Kapoor Khan has become notorious for agreeing to do films and then abandoning them. Now her husband Saif Ali Khan seems to have adopted a similar style of functioning.

Last year, he pulled a Bebo on Vikramaditya Motwane’s AK Vs SK and Sujoy Ghosh’s The Devotion of Suspect X. This year he turned his back on Sameer Sharma’s Jugalbandi produced by Salman Khan.

To be fair, Saif is re-evaluating his choices after his last few films didn’t work at the box-office. And none of his films had progressed to shooting stage when he walked out. Right now, Saif is choosing to work with directors he has already worked with like Vishal Bhardwaj for Rangoon. With regards to Jugalbandi, Saif has claimed that he had date issues.”

When quizzed about walking out of the film’s he had committed to, he says, “I haven’t walked out of these films. To say that is being too dramatic! You are offered films, some work out and some you don’t want to do. Sometimes it’s wrong to discuss what other people are doing. For one reason or another, it’s not meant to be.”

When told that he and his wife Kareena had been given the nick of the walkout couple — Saif gets upset, “That’s ridiculous! I think there’s too much talk and a lot of premature announcements are made. Nobody’s walking out of a film. Walking out of a film is when you are all set to go and then you dump the project. Sounds terrible! But nobody does that. I have never done that. I’ve never walked out of a film after I signed it. You come and discuss films, some work out but some don’t. So many films are offered to so many people who reject them but they don’t make the press every time.

Wrong people talk sometimes, sometimes people announce prematurely… It’s quite a small industry and word gets out.”

Posted by on October 16, 2015. Filed under Bollywood. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.